Thursday, May 17, 2018

Bible Study Blog Party Introduction

I've had this idea for a little while now, but I thought that it was about time that I should just go ahead and strike out on it. So, here it is...

A Bible Study Blog Party!


"Now what in the world would a Bible Study Blog Party be?" you may ask.

Well, it would basically be a sort of combination of a Bible study and blog party -- hence the name. It's like a blog party in that there's a theme, and then those who want to participate write posts on their blog(s) centering around that theme. Well, with this, those who want to participate would all read through the same chapter/passage (say John 1 for example) and then post on their blogs and/or comment on other participating blogs sharing their thoughts and what they learned in John 1, kind of like in a Bible study. You can do various types of posts for this as well, even sharing a song or story, as long as it's centered around the highlighted chapter or verse for that Bible Study Blog Party.

I thought this might be a good and fun way to study the Word of God together, and to see a same passage of scripture from different angles and perspectives.

I said at the beginning that I've had this idea for a while now. But I've honestly been sort of hesitant about doing it for some reason or another. Well, so, this past weekend my family and I were at a Christian conference, and the speakers' messages connected really well with each other and they taught from a lot of the sames scriptures without even really planning to do so. While saying something about this, the host of the conference said that maybe they ought to have a conference where all the speakers just preach on one verse or passage, and and teach it from different angles. When he said that, immediately the idea I had had for the Bible study blog party came to my mind. "Hey," I thought. "that's basically just what I was trying to do with the blog bible study thing!" So, turning this idea over in my mind again with fresh motivation, I decided to just go ahead and do this -- so here we are! :)

I'll be hosting this first Bible Study Blog Party from May 28th-June 9th! The chapter we will be reading and studying is Romans 8! I believe God is going to teach us all some great things through this chapter, guys! I'm so excited!! :D

How to participate in the Bible Study Blog Party:
  1. Before reading or writing or anything, ask God to help you to understand what you read and to teach you through His Word and in other participants posts you read as well.
  2. Read the assigned chapter(s)/verse(s).
  3. While reading, remember to not just read the chapter/passage looking for things you can blog about. Look for what you yourself can learn from this, whether you end up writing a blog post about it or not. And don't try and rush through reading it. Take your time, listen to the Holy Spirit, and dig in. If one particular verse just sticks out at you, stick with it! Take your time -- we need to not just read to read, we should be reading to learn from God! (That's something I really didn't want to do with this... I didn't want us all to just rush through reading the chapter and write up something just because we have to for the Bible study. I definitely want to encourage everyone, including myself, to take time to read in order to learn more from and about our Heavenly Father!)
  4. On your blog or through comments on other participants blogs, share your thoughts on the chapter/passage, what stuck out to you, favorite verses, etc., and like I said before, you could share a song or story or something like that centered around the highlighted passage as well. It's a wonderful thing to encourage and share what God's teaching us with each other! 
  5. Make sure to link the post(s) you do on your blog for the Bible Study Blog Party down below in the comments on this post so others participating can read what you wrote and also so I can easily be able to find them all to list in my closing post at the end of the study party. (Hehe, 'study party'... you never thought you'd see those two words together, did you? xD)
  6. And of course... Have fun! :D
So, does all of that make sense? If not, let me know and I'll try to clarify as best as I can. Any suggestions on what chapter/book/verse might be good to read, study, and discuss together in future "study parties"?

I'm SO excited, you guys!! Please spread the word around the blogosphere about this and let others know if they'd also like to participate! But whether a bunch of you all join in on this or just a couple, I believe we're still going to have a great time in God's Word either way!

Here's also a couple of buttons you can use to spread the word around about the party! :D


Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Write to you later!
~Faith

8 comments:

  1. This is a really neat idea!!!
    I will definitely read Romans 8 and see if God inspires me to write anything... few questions: could the participating blogs post poems? It takes place May 28-June 9, does that mean through that time, you post one post, or everyday do something?
    I love this Bible study blog party idea!!! :D
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! :D Yes, you can definitely do a poem if you'd like! You can post whenever you'd like to from May 28th through June 9th. I wasn't planning to post every day, and no one else has to either unless they would really like to. Just any time within those dates. :) (I've really never done an actual blog party before, so I'm assuming that's how most blog parties work... Sorry, I'm kind of new at this...) Hopefully that makes sense!
      Yay, I'm glad you like it, Brooklyne! Thanks so much for joining me in this! :D

      Delete
  2. Ooh interesting! I'll have to see if I can come up with something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I want to participate...I'll try and get a blog post to spread the word soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fabulous blog party, Faith! :D I can't commit to participating, but I hope it goes well for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I MADE IT. XD Cutting it a little close, but I did it! I really enjoyed myself! <3 Here's the link:

    https://majesticadventures.wordpress.com/2018/06/08/the-love-of-god/

    ReplyDelete