Saturday, March 4, 2017

The Liebster Award?!

Hello again, everyone! So, Olivia -- dearest Olivia over at her lovely blog, Meanwhile in Rivendell... nominated/tagged me for this Liebster award thing about... six months ago.... and I didn't realize that I had gotten tagged for it until just the other week... D: My deepest apologies, Olivia.

Image result for liebster award
I've never done one of these before, so bear with me.

OH, but before I get started, I'd like to give out the bit of information I obtained about the Liebster Award because I found it interesting and I like to learn new things. :) The word "liebster" is actually a German word and has several definitions, including: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, etcAnd so the Liebster Award is supposed to be an online award given by bloggers to other bloggers to "spread the love we all so desperately desire," (as worded by the first thing that popped up when I Googled "Liebster Award.") It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. 
See, doesn't this now add much more meaning to this award when you actually take the time to get to know a little deeper into something about it? :D

Anywho, to move on, here now are the Official Liebster Award Rules:
1.) Link back to the person who tagged you.
2.) Answer the eleven questions.
3.) Tag 11 bloggers, and let them know you tagged them.
4.) Ask your tagged bloggers eleven questions.



The Questions:
1.) Tell us four names (if you don't know the answer to any, just tell the ones you do know): one that your parents would have given you if you were the opposite gender, one they considered once they knew your gender, one you would choose if you got to choose your own name, and one you would NOT like to have.
I'm not really sure what my parents would have named me if I had been a boy... possibly Ethan.
My parents had considered Ana-Faith, but they didn't want me to only be called Ana, so it turned out to just be Faith in the end. :) 
I really like my name, but if I had to choose another one... oh, there are so many choices... Maybe Grace. Or Sarah. Or Virginia. (That's more than one, I'm sorry...) 
One name I wouldn't like to have would be Ryan.

2.) If you were to adapt one of your favorite stories, what story would it be and how would you tell it? (movie, musical, webseries, play, book, etc?)
Ooh. Again -- many possibilities. It would be really cool if the true stories told in More Than Conquerors by Terry Mize was made into a movie. Especially the hitchhiker story at the beginning. (By the way, I heartily recommend that you go get and read this book.^_^)

3.) Tell us four of your favorite words. 
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Edelweiss, Blessing, and Turquoise. (I have many more of course, but I thought I'd actually restrain myself this time and go by the rules, unlike with question 1. up there. :P)

4.) What is a life lesson you have learned in the past year?
Hmm. Well, one thing I've learned is that it's important to just be you. Not someone else, but you, because God made each one of us so unique and one-of-a-kind. But also not to JUST be you, but to be the person GOD wants you to be, not the person YOU just want to be or think you should be.

5.) Who is your favorite secondary character in a book you've read recently?
I've reread parts of Toliver's Secret recently, and one of my favorite secondary character's in it would probably be Mr. Higgins.

6.) What are five of the books on your TBR list right now?
A Family Apart by Joan Lowery Nixon --- Heidi by Johanna Spyri -- Drummer Boy at Bull Run by Gilbert Morris -- Anne of the Island by Lucy Maud Montgomery -- and Ten Hours to Live by Brian Wills (I've read part of this book before, but never got to finishing it; I really want to go back and read the rest of this, because it's so good.)

7.) Tell us one talent/skill you have, and one you'd like to develop.
One skill I have is being able to sound out the melody to pretty much any song on the piano. One I'd like to develop is........ wow, there's so many. O_O Well, I'd honestly like to learn how to tap dance really well. It just looks so much fun! Yes, I know it would take a lot of hard work, but I think it would be worth it. I mean, who wouldn't want to learn how to tap dance on a table top so effortlessly??
Related image

8.) What's the best joke you've heard recently? (Awful puns are highly acceptable!)
So the broom said, "Sorry I'm late, I over-swept." (from a Progressive Insurance commercial I saw recently. :P)

9.) Share a quote from the book you're currently reading.
Cassius: "Did Cicero say anything?"
Casca: : "Ay, he spoke Greek."
Cassius: "To what effect?"
Casca: "Nay, and I tell you that, I'll ne'er look you i' th' face again. But those that understood him smil'd at one another, and shook their heads; but for mine own part, it was Greek to me."
~From Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

10.) What song is stuck in your head right now? (Or just share one that's been bouncing around recently if you don't have one right now.)
Well, I don't really have a song stuck in my head at the moment, but we've had a lot of songs playing around here from Jordan Feliz's albulm The River. Here's one of them...
  
11.) What do you want your life to be like when you're a little old lady?
Well, of course, I'd want to be able to be able look back on the past years of my life with satisfaction, knowing that I've done so far what God's called me to do. I'd also want to still be quick in mind and in step, and have a loving, faithful husband to spend those golden years with. I would enjoy time with family, have the kids and grandkiddies come over, and grandma would read or bake cookies with them. :) I'd want to pass on stories from the past, give wisdom and advice and teach and build up the next generation in the Lord and in His Word.

Okie doke. Time for the tagging/nominating! Olivia (Because I want to give back some love and make it up to ya, and I realized that I'm supposed to ask new questions anyway. ;) ) Emma, Jane, MiaFaithJonathan aaannnd.... so, I don't really know that I can think of five other bloggers that I really know at the moment..... D: so I might just have to bend the rules a bit and leave it at these six awesome blogger people. But if you're reading this, and want to answer these questions below on your blog, you're more than welcome to!

So, here's your 11 questions, tagged people:

1.) What made you want to start a blog?

2.) What does your first name mean?

3.) Did you know when you were younger what you wanted to be/do when you grew up? Do you know or have any idea now what you want to do?

4.) If you could see yourself from someone else's perspective, who's perspective would you choose and why? (It could be a family member's, a friend's, your local librarian's, etc.)

5.) What was the last book you read? What was your opinion of it? Did you like it, or not so much?

6.) What was the last movie you watched? What was your opinion of it? Did you like it, or no?

7.) What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book?

8.) What quote (from a book, movie, or YouTube video) do you find yourself saying often?

9.) If you could live in any other previous time period, which one would you choose?

10.) What would you consider your favorite thing to do in your free time? What do you ACTUALLY end up doing in your free time?

11.) What is one thing that you always want people to remember about you after you're gone?


Well, that's it for now, folks. If you read all that, I hope you enjoyed it. I quite enjoyed myself in answering and giving out questions anyway! Thank you again, Olivia for tagging me! :) I hope you all have yourself's a wonderful rest of the weekend!
~Faith

1 comment:

  1. This was so cool! it was nice to get to know you! If I had been a boy, my parents would've named me Ethan too!! And I loved point 4!!!!!!! <3
    I'm flattered to be nominated! I've actually done this once before, but...I really want to do it again...and since it's my blog and I can do what I want, I think I'm going to! I'm excited to answer your questions!! Thank you for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete