Monday, October 15, 2018

15 Autumny Things To Do in the Fall


Ahh, fall. It's snuck up on us again, hasn't it?

You know, I was thinking... there are always a lot of Autumny type things that I think about doing during this lovely season, but don't always get around to actually doing them. And I think part of the reason that I don't always get around to doing them is because I forget that I thought about doing them in the first place. So, I decided I should make a list of some things that I'm sure we all dream of doing during the fall that we don't want to forget to do. Of course, we'll probably not get around to all of these things, but we should at least try, right? ;) So... here we go!

1. Rake and jump in a pile of leaves. Preferably a giant pile of leaves if possible. :D It's a wonderfully fun fall thing to do that I believe everyone should experience the joy of when this lovely season rolls around.
I remember as a kid, raking the leaves in a pile then jumping & playing in them. Oh the simpler times!

2. Go on a hike. A fun way to get out and see God's beautiful creation while getting in some good exercise!
From smoke-shrouded summits to laurel-laden hollows, these incredible hikes in the Smokies explore America’s most popular national park.

3. Do a fall family photo shoot. This of course requires cooperation with the rest of your family, but it probably shouldn't be too hard to convince them...
Fall fun activities for your family on a budget. #fall @SignUpGenius and add the hashtags #PintoWin and #FallIntoEASY

4. Take a picture each day or pretty regularly of a tree(s) during the fall so that afterward, you can put all the photos together and show how the leaves changed over the season. This would be really neat to do!
tumblr hipster photography - Pesquisa Google

5. Knit/crochet a scarf and/or hat to wear yourself or to give someone else (maybe for Christmas). It's always so much fun to wear or give someone something you made yourself! :)
Moment's

6. Wear Autumny outfits.
Because... why not?? It's Autumn after all! Fall outfits are always fun. :D
favorite childhood past time, crunching autumn leaves beneath my feet...

7. Go shopping for Autumny outfits if you don't have any. I do have quite a few fall outfit things right now, so I probably won't need to do this much, but... you can never have too many clothes... okay, okay, yes you can... you definitely can. :P
Cute casual fall outfit

8. Drink a cup of hot chocolate or tea whilst reading a book by a window or outside on a bench. Or just reading a book without a beverage (or vice versa) would be just as lovely I'm sure.
@aidensworld21 for more Autumn Aesthetic inspiration.

9. Read a fall-themed book. Cranberry Thanksgiving! That's actually the only fall-themed book I can think of at the moment. D: Don't worry, more will come to me, I'm sure.
I am so excited to be joining the Enchanted Homeschooling Mom and many other wonderful bloggers in the 2014-2015 Poppins Book Nook! The Poppins Book Nook is a monthly themed virtual book club for kids ages preschool and up. Each month participants will read a book based on that month’s theme and share...

10. Watch a fall-themed movie and/or show. I actually didn't think too much of this until one time (I think it was actually last fall) when I read someone else's blog post about movies/shows to watch in the fall time. I actually don't recall a lot of movies or shows that I've watched that have been exclusively set in autumn, but one that comes to mind is The Spy Next Door. This movie is set around/during Halloween. It's a sweet, funny, and overall clean movie. While our family doesn't celebrate Halloween as the holiday encourages fear, the movie's not totally centered around it; it's mostly just that the holiday is going on in the midst of the story. Anywho, to get to the point, it seems like just the right movie for this time of year, especially if you're in the mood for action, comedy, and Jackie Chan. ;)
Image result for the spy next door cover
But if you're in the mood for more of a classic, The Beverly Hillbillies: Turkey Day episode would also be a perfect one to watch in the fall, especially around Thanksgiving! You can't hardly go wrong with The Beverly Hillbillies, or almost any old classic show really. ;)

11. Make a pumpkin and/or apple pie. I really want to make one or the other this year for Thanksgiving... hopefully that will actually happen. :P
Pie Pop Up | ZoeBakes

12. Make a new autumny dish/dessert. It's always fun to try out something new! (These apple snickerdoodle muffins look amazing... =O )
Apple Snickerdoodle Muffins

13. Visit a pumpkin patch. Because pumpkins + patch = fall in a nutshell.
Pinterest: taylor_kagel                                                                                                                                                                                 More

14. Go on a hayride. I know, you could go on a hayride any other time of year as well, but there's just something so fall-like about hayrides it seems.
What is important for the continuation of agriculture...young people who are involved

15. Do a corn maze. Mazes are always fun! If you can find one to do in your area, I'd totally recommend it. :D
Even though corn mazes can be creepy, I would give it a try

Well, that's it for now! Are there any other autumny things that you like to do that I missed? What's your favorite(s) out of the ones I listed?

I hope all of you are having a fabulous fall so far! Write to ya later, and God bless! :)
~Faith

10 comments:

  1. This is such a fun list! I love all the pictures to go with it, and that graphic is gorgeous! Crocheting is fun! And reading a good book sounds good to me! Also, warming up by the fireplace! :)
    My family doesn't celebrate Halloween either, but Thanksgiving is like my favorite holiday! Good food + scavenger hunt + the prize of going to Tractor Supply= Thanksgiving! :) Have an awesome autumn!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Brooklyne! Oh yes, and warming up by the fireplace is a great thing to do as well! :D

      Yes, Thanksgiving is always fun! Ooh, I actually have never really thought of doing a scavenger hunt for Thanksgiving before... :o That would be fun!

      Thanks! I hope you have an awesome autumn, too! :) Thanks so much for reading and commenting! <3

      Delete
  2. I'm really hoping to go on a corn maze this weekend! I've only done them twice before, but they're fun. and you're right, those apple sinckerdoodle muffins look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great! :D I hope you get to! I just found out recently that the corn maze we usually do at a local farm isn't doing it this year unfortunately, so that's kind of a letdown. :/ But hopefully we'll be able to find another one around to do though; I really enjoy doing them as well! :)
      YES! I'm hoping to try a recipe for them sometime soon. :D

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting, Emma! <3 I hope you're having a wonderful autumn so far! :)

      Delete
  3. Good choices, all! I like hayrides :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia! Yes, hayrides are such fun! :D

      I hope you're having a wonderful autumn so far! <3 :)

      Delete
  4. These are some good ideas! I have yet to do a corn maze, but hayrides are fun!:) And hikes! :D
    (And everything else was awesome, too!:))
    Hope you're having a good autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! Ooh yes, you should definitely try a corn maze sometime if you get the chance! And yes indeed, hayrides and hikes are great, especially with friends! :D

      Thank you! I hope you're having a wonderful autumn as well! <3 :)

      Delete
  5. Such good ideas! I definitely need to make a list of books and movies for us to watch. Funny, I always want to watch Samantha and Kit Kittredge this time of year...I guess Kit makes since, but Samantha is more of a Christmas movie, lol! Sarah, Plain and Tall and Seasons of the Heart also come to mind.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ryana! Oh yes, I hadn't thought of the American Girl movies! I really enjoy Samantha and Kit as well -- and Felicity is always a favorite. :) I think I've seen Sarah, Plain and Tall at some point, but I haven't seen Seasons of the Heart; I'll have to look that one up!

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting! <3 :)

      Delete