Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thankful Every Day // A Thanksgiving Challenge!!


Thanksgiving is TOMORROW, guys!!! How did this happen???
Related image
It's kind of interesting, because I feel like back around September, I was really excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up this year, complete with all the "holiday vibes", ya know? But now it's like they have suddenly just snuck up on me... has this happened to you?

Well anywho, basically, I feel like I'm once again not quite prepared for the upcoming holidays that are going to be upon us, and even now are. However, me not being ready for them won't stop them from coming, so I'd better start getting prepared, "holiday vibes" or no.

So, again... Thanksgiving is TOMORROW! But how to get in a true "Thanksgiving mood"? Hmmm.... OH! Maybe by dishing out a little Thanksgiving challenge to you all!! How about it? :D
50 Photos to Take this Fall
Some of you may remember the Thankful Thursday posts I did around Thanksgiving last fall. I challenged myself, starting around the middle of October to the end of November, to write down at least one thing to be thankful for every day. So, I followed through on this challenge and posted the things I wrote down here on my blog on the Thankful Thursdays posts. (It was really quite fun! :) )

So then, November 30th was over. I looked over the things I had written down in my notebook the past how-many-ever-days I ended up doing it for, and was quite proud of myself, to be honest. I challenged myself to do a thing, and I stuck with it. Good job, Faith. But then on the first day of December, I wondered... Should I stop writing things down every day? Or should I keep going with this for a little while longer? It had started becoming a habit -- a good habit -- so I ended up deciding... How about we just keep going for now! So, I kept on writing down in my notebook at least one thing to be thankful for every day.

And you know what the best part is? I haven't stopped yet!
Image result for i regret nothing gif
(Though I have missed a few days here and there writing something down, it really hasn't been many, and I've actually kept up with it pretty consistently which I'm quite happy about :) )

Now it's been over a year since I started doing this, and it's been amazing how many things I've discovered that I can be grateful for! Of course, I'm sure I've repeated writing down the same things several times on different days, but it's been quite interesting to challenge myself to try to think of new things to be thankful for that God has blessed me with that I may have not even thought much about before.

I also usually write down something at the end of the day right before going to bed, so no matter if it was a fabulous or terrible day, it helps me to look back at the good parts of the day instead of the bad, and gets me into a more grateful attitude before going to sleep, which is always a good thing. :)

So now... I'm challenging YOU! Write down in a notebook, journal, on slips of paper to put in a jar, or whatever place you would like at least one thing that you can be thankful for every day for 30 days. And then afterwards, examine yourself... You might just find yourself in a more grateful and pleasant mood, looking more for the good in situations, and maybe even a little less complaining about things -- who knows! ;) These are a few things that I've personally found that have changed some in my attitude since I started writing these things down. Of course, doing this hasn't magically transformed everything about my life, but I have discovered that I've started being more aware of and grateful for the little things in life, as well as the big ones. So, for me it's been a great habit to form, especially in this season of my life right now.
We are blessed. John 1:16
SO... will you be trying this challenge?? Let me know in the comments if you are! (But you don't even have to do it for 30 days; you can do it for less, or more like I did, or whatever you'd like!)

I hope all of you have an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving!! 
God bless! I'll write to ya later!
~Faith

P.S. Also, just a quick reminder about the Q&A I'll be doing this month to celebrate my blog's 3rd year blogiversary -- If any of you still have any questions that you would like me to answer, be sure to head on over to this post, and ask away in the comments! It's gonna be a fun time! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good habit to form! I might have to give this a try! Happy Thanksgiving!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it really is; you should try it out! ;) Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! I hope you had a great one!

      Delete